Boyfriend says wants to work but isnt trying

I have a boyfriend that says wants to work but constantly says he cant because he doesnt have a car and that nobody wants to hire someone with child custody issues. He hasnt worked in about five yrs but was stay home dad with his ex for about two yrs. He raises voice when i ask him about this and he says hes tried everything to get work. Ive known him for about 7 monthes and i kinda dont believe him in regards to work. My family doesnt like him cuz he doesnt work. He doesnt live with me, lives w his mom. I just kinda wonder if im wasting my time w someone who im gonna have to take care of.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on Feb. 3, 2013 in Relationships

• Communicate with him and tell him you know he is trying but a man job is to work and bring home the money and even if he starts out working at a fast food joint your not going to judge him because at least he has attempted and found something and the only way to go is up from there. Then you need to ask yourself do you really love this guy and are you willing to help him get past this slump he is in and that is the true question. Are you willing to do what it takes to make this situation work? I hope everything works out for you and I hope you find the answers you are searching for.
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 9:52 AM on Feb. 7, 2013

• No job in 5 years, and you stick around why?

I think the answer is plain here.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:47 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• Hasn't worked in 5-7 years and lives with his mother. This guy has loser written all over him. He would not have gotten past hello with me. YES YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 3:44 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• Oh Anon, space your questions
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:04 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• Yes, he is showing you his true colors.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 8:11 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• Lose the loser

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:29 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• Wow!!! Why are you dating a guy that is a complete loser....I would never date a guy who had more excuses than a$$holes.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:12 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• Your family is correct. and YES, you're wasting your time. No more wasting it.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:32 AM on Feb. 4, 2013

• It looks like you are wasting your time unless you want to take care of him too. He is not going to change
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 12:43 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• I suppose because i am an easy target, have three kids, overweight. I give so much attention to my kids that sometimes i need to recieve it also, thats why. But u all have told me what i didnt want to believe from the get go. U only see what u want to, not reality, when
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:55 AM on Feb. 5, 2013