Regular, going Anon for this question, bear with me. What do you think about this situation, sexual offender?

I know this person who is a sexual offender. A male who when he was about 18 or 19 met a guy in the bar and took him home. Whatever happened he was charged with statutory rape because the kid was only 15. Any who, he is now in the sexual offender data base. The thing is, it's been about 7 years ago. This guy is a hair dresser. No matter where he goes, the person's family contacts the salon inflamed that they let a sexual offender work there. He usually loses his job over something after that. Question is, what do you think about this situation? Does the family have that right? Should that happen, should be always lose his job?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 PM on Feb. 3, 2013 in Relationships

• They were discussing this very topic last week on my favorite radio show.

The family is harassing him and unless he's around children, he should not lose his job.

It's so unfortunate when young kids like him make a dumb mistake that ruins their life forever.
    He'll ALWAYS be a sex offender, that's a life of hell!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 10:12 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• He should file harassment charges and sue them for lost waged. Wtf does that and where were they when that 15 year old was in an adult establishment.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 10:04 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• I would think that if he did his time etc and is doing what he is suposed to reporting to courts etc then they family is harassign him HOWEVER, there may be some law that says he is not supposed to work around kids.

I dont know the specifics so all I cant really say
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 10:05 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• I think that's harrasment and it's illegal.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 10:03 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• That's harassment if it's the family of the boy is continually calling up whatever salon the guy is working at to get him fired.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:06 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• He should still be able to make a living and support himself. As long as he's not breaking any laws by doing his job.
    Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 10:07 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• Does he have proof that the family of the young man he supposedly had inappropriate relations with is behind these calls and his firing? What bothers me is that a 15 year old was in a bar and the parents are incensed that an older man thought he was of legal age. Legally his employers do have the right to refuse employment depending on the state he lives in, but if he can prove that they are intentionally harassing him he does have some legal recourse and he should contact a lawyer. Has he thought about moving out of state where it would be harder for this family to harass him?
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 10:05 PM on Feb. 3, 2013