My female chiwuawah (sp? lol) eats everything.

What sort of health factors are we looking at? She chews on everything. I dont know if she eats any of it, but I know she chews it all up.

Pencils
Foam in her doggie bed
Crayons
Marker tops
Small toys
CD's (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Lots of stuff.

Any advice. I know a vet would be ideal to ask, but that costs money...and we all know we have to cut back on certain "extra" things to spend money on. So I ask here first.

Thanks so much!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Pets

• SPELLING: CHIHUAHUA
    Anonymous

• try a kong toy. i have 2 pretty big dogs (rott/yellow lab and pit/boxer) and they cant chew them up! we have had it for almost a year so its safe to say its durable.my dogs still chew but not as much. i put peanut butter in the center so it occupies them. and if i catch them chewing something they shouldnt they get a swat on the nose (not hard just enough so they know its wrong) good luck...oh and lso try bitter spray i heard it works, my dogs think it tastes good so it just made them chew more but its worth a shot.
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 11:45 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• oh lol and my aunt said with her dog she put vinegar and water in a spray bottle and when her dog chews she sprays him in the face with it and he stops
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 11:46 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• What sort of health factors? Well, anything from minor stomach issues to internal blockages or death. Seriously, baby puppies must be supervised at all times that they are around anything they are not meant to ingest. Otherwise, puppies need to be safely confined in a puppy proofed area or a crate. Diligence is the key. It may be exhausting, but it is the only way to keep a baby puppy safe.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:19 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I have problems with my mini Schnauzer too, she just ate about 5 spicy beef sticks our friend brought over. I did not know he set the bag of them on the chair, and when I went into the living room to check on her, thought she was sleeping here she was licking the remains of the bag, her face all greasy and her paws stained red (and I just got done giving her a bath) I am hoping she doesn't get sick or that it doesn't turn her stomach into a knot. naughty puppy, but I really blame our friend more.
    Minnesotamom

Answer by Minnesotamom at 11:49 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I HAVE TWO CHIHUAHUA MY FEMALE DOES THE SAME THING SHE CHEWS EVERYTHING SHE JUST TURNED ONE I THINK SHE IS TEETHING ! SHE EATS EVERY LITTLE THING SHE CAN JUST BE SAFE AND BABY PROOF YOUR HOME THAT IS WHAT I DO ACT LIKE THERE BABYS AND DONT LEAVE THINGS OUT ! PUT THEM A KENNEL AT NIGHT SO SHE WONT GET INTO THINGS !!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• ugh...mine did the same thing...but she had an infatuation with anything white...white socks, underwear, toilet paper...Once I had just gone grocery shopping and i put down a 12 pack of toilet paper and went back out to the truck to get more bags...when i came back in it looked like it had snowed in my living room... 7 rolls she had destroyed by the time i came back in...I was furious but couldn't help but laugh...I say just "babyproof" as best you can or try the bitter apple spray...I have also heard mixing jalapeno juice with water...just a lil bit of jalepeno juice though and spraying things you don't want her to chew...
    Carli26

Answer by Carli26 at 8:01 PM on Feb. 15, 2009