How did pregnancy compare with your expectations?

Was pregnancy as magical and as difficult as you thought it would be? How long had you wanted to be pregnant before you conceived?

katinthehat8914

Asked by katinthehat8914 at 11:21 PM on Feb. 3, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Pregnancy was uncomfortable but easy I guess, both of them. I didn't enjoy it but it was tolerable enough to have two kids. Dh and I said, "well, it's time to start thinking about a family" and we clinked two shots of Jameson whiskey. I was pregnant the next month. I got knocked up immediately both times. Awful morning/day/night sickness though.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:24 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• I hated every moment of being pregnant. I can't tell you one positive thing about it or how I felt. In fact, my ex had to bribe me the second time around....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:25 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• I LOVED being pregnant!

It took me 3 years and several miscarriages before our first son was born.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:28 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• That is too hard a question for me to answer.
    I would have to go through each.
    I was happy to be pregnant and had relatively no morning sickness except with one of the six, I had to stay in bed a minimum of 7 months with the two that lived. Labor was also not horrible for me so , really the magic was more when my cildren were actually alive and healthy.
    I always wanted children. I can't say we planned precicely but we used natural family planning in between.

Not really good answers, I know. Sorry.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:34 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• I had pretty miserable pregnancies. They were much worse than I was expecting, especially the second time around. I had a high risk pregnancy and was giving myself injections of Heparin every 12 hours, going to doctor visits twice a week, taking a bunch of pills. It was horrible. The first half of my first pregnancy was pretty normal, and then everything went to hell. I was retaining water so badly that by the end, I couldn't wear shoes. I lost 26 pounds in water weight in the first week after having my first son.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:37 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• i always wanted a family
    just did not happen
    until the last sec
    i was 42 when i got pregnant
    and it was not like i wished
    i was high risk, and every appt, nurse would ask if i had bled YET
    was told baby would never make it
    and child's "sperm donor" was an ass

BUT
    i have a beautiful daughter
    and he is an ex
    so, it was what it was
    and all is good
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:40 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• Awww paxi.. that's a great story! Mine were both pretty miserable. LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:43 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• I loved being pregnant. I was amazed by the whole thing, since I never expected I would get the chance to have a baby after waiting so long for mine.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:01 AM on Feb. 4, 2013