At what point do you give up on your relationship with the father of your children?

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 12:28 AM on Feb. 4, 2013 in Relationships

• If there's abuse, IMMEDIATELY. No recourse, to reconciliation.

Short of that, if you haven't tried counseling at least for yourself, you can do that. If he refuses it, the counseling could give you the nerve to end the relationship. He has to try as well. It takes TWO people to save a relationship. One cannot do it without the other.

If you've already been trying these things and he is being intransigent, then it's likely over.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:31 AM on Feb. 4, 2013

• With me, it was when I realized that love truly wasn't enough. Even though we loved each other, & he loved our DD, it was not a healthy environment to live in. I was unhappy all the time, & I had done everything I could to help fix his major issues, & our general ones. Although there will always be a very special place in my heart with his name on it, I can't face his demons for him.

I don't know your situation, but I know he's caused you a lot of pain lately, & I'm sorry for that. Hugs, baby doll.
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 12:33 AM on Feb. 4, 2013

• it depends on why you are thinking of giving up :(
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 12:28 AM on Feb. 4, 2013

• If you have a good husband that just frequently pisses you off, you NEVER give up!
    What's going on staci?
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:31 AM on Feb. 4, 2013

• I'm sorry, I really don't have an answer to that. :(
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:33 AM on Feb. 4, 2013