Need some advice

My OB wants to induce me two days before we are moving. I'm happy to get induced, but kind of mad that I will most likely be in the hospital the day we are moving. I wanted to be there to oversee the movers and tell them where to put stuff. My husband has no clue sometimes where stuff should go. I'm just worried that I'm gonna come home to a house turned upside down. What can I do here? I'm not really much of a complainer, but I feel like crying when I think about it. I'd rather have the birth over with before we move so I can maybe get some of this moving stuff done.

pinkbutterfly

Asked by pinkbutterfly at 10:46 AM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• drw out a floor plan of your house (rough it) and let him know where you want the bigger peices like the beds aginst a certin wall or stuff in room a rather than room c.. that kind of thing and dont worrie about the little things it'll all be there after you heal and have time to "think" of where you want things..
    TravisJohnsmama

Answer by TravisJohnsmama at 1:41 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Why not wait for the baby to come out? Inductions increase your chances of a c/s so in all actuality you could still be in the hospital on moving day, and even the day after. Walking and sex can help move things along, but nothing not even a medical induction will work unless your body and baby are ready. Good luck.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:55 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• She wants to induce because of the size of the baby. The baby is now about 9lbs and the last one was 10 14 she doesn't want this one to be over 11lbs which it might be if I go the full 40 weeks. Plus I am already at 3mc right now.
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 11:00 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• you have to keep in mind that right now you are in the nesting stage. anything that has to do with the home is going to drive you absolutely insane!! i would say go with your doctors advice and be induced when she wants you to. Ask somebody that you trust to oversee the moving. this way you know that whoever is there is going to take care of things the way you want them to. The nesting stage will pass and by the time you get home you wont even remember why you were so worried about everything
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• don't worry about the house right now you need too be more worried about you and that new baby a house can be cleaned and fixed up after do as your doctor has asked of you all will be ok in the end
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Feb. 14, 2009