What would you do?

So, my DS is with his father this weekend. His Dad usually drops him off at school Monday mornings when he is with his father for the weekend and his dad will do any weekend studying or homework with him.
I get this message Saturday from him.

" The history practice test is ridiculous. I am not teaching my son and the brother of two US servicemen this crap"

I asked what he was talking about and he replied "I am not teaching him Muslim shit"

Well, I thought he was being an idiot and went on to tell him so, but the bottom line came out to be that he refused to go over the review with our son.

Yes, he is an ignorant ass, but that is not my question. What do I tell the teacher when I call him to let him know why our child isn't prepared for the test??? There is a part of me that wants to say EXACTLY why, but I also don't want to look like the bitchy mom complaining about the ex husband, either. Do I just say the studying didn't get done and leave it at that?

BTW, my son is in special ed and gets extra time to study for test if we feel he is not prepared. He is obviously NOT prepared for this test.

layh41407

Asked by layh41407 at 7:45 AM on Feb. 4, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• I wouldn't tell them the exact reason because you don't want to look like a jerk. I would just say he was at his fathers and they had a full weekend. Or let him take it, and if he bombs send it home to his dad and tell him thanks.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 7:51 AM on Feb. 4, 2013

• Without going into detail, I'd just say that he with with his father over the weekend & he never studied.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 8:21 AM on Feb. 4, 2013

• Frankly, I'd be honest without being bitchy. "He was with his father this weekend, and when he is at his father's, his father helps him study. This weekend, he chose not to help him. Therefore he is not prepared for this test." Then tell the teacher that if he wants to know why father didn't help him study, he should call and ask. Let your idiot ex tell him why he refused to help him.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:36 AM on Feb. 4, 2013

• I completely agree with Wendy. It's one thing to not want to appear the bitchy ex wife but quite another to let him completely off the hook with your son's teachers. You don't have to go into gory detail but I think it's important to let the teacher know that this is what you and your son must deal with.

Additionally, the teacher would then have a bit more information for the future. This may be helpful to her
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 8:47 AM on Feb. 4, 2013

• I agree with wendy and prissy. Whenever my husband does something like that no matter what the situation is I tell him fine, then you can tell them that yourself.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 9:22 AM on Feb. 4, 2013

• I agree with Wendy. My parents don't agree with evolution, but they knew I had to learn it in order to pass the class. So they helped me study but told me that what I was learning was a bunch of lies. I don't understand why his father couldn't do the same. I would give the teacher a heads up that he was with his father and they didn't study.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 10:00 AM on Feb. 4, 2013

• I agree with 3libras
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 6:37 PM on Feb. 4, 2013