Does this ever happen to you?

You get on here expecting to recieve some good feedback and a lot of the times all you get is negative feedback? Im not complaining I am who I am. But does it ever happen to you?

Im-HiDdEn

Asked by Im-HiDdEn at 8:57 AM on Feb. 4, 2013 in About CafeMom

• feedback,
    there is positive, there is negative
    not all positive is good, and not all negative is bad
    feed back is feedback

this is the internet
    so people have a vast variety of opinions
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:44 AM on Feb. 4, 2013

• This weekend has been the best weekend we've had on CM in a long time.
    No anon trolls being nasty, ladies posting fun and positive things and then you put this here.
    When you complain and take your complaints to groups then you become the one starting trouble.
    Just ask your questions, take the answers that are given and accept the fact that not everyone is going to be nice.
    Maybe answers isn't for you, maybe groups are your thing. But I can tell you this, no one is going to put up with posts like this one!
    Not here anyway. We're sick of shit stirrers and want it to stop. You're not going to get sympathy this way.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 10:22 AM on Feb. 4, 2013

• No, I expect to receive other people's opinions whether I agree or not. 9 times out of 10 they probably don't agree. If you don't want negative feedback don't put the info out there because people WILL tell you exactly what they think whether you want to hear it or not. Grow up already
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:39 AM on Feb. 4, 2013

• I've asked a couple of questions where I got some pretty nasty responses. While I didn't agree with them, they were words I needed to hear. The comments telling me I was an idiot for whatever reason were needed. I was hurt at first, but after sleeping on it, and some hard thinking I realized that the comments WERE warranted.

Many here, me included, don't blow smoke up your ass. We all do not candy coat things and pretend everything is fluffy bunny. Some are more harsh than others, but we all value the honest truth vs. candy coated crap. You either get used to, and value, the bald honesty, or you don't stick around.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:30 AM on Feb. 4, 2013

• I've had my share of negative responses. It's all part of CafeMom. You need a thicker skin if you want to stay here
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 9:02 AM on Feb. 4, 2013

• butterflyblue19

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:07 AM on Feb. 4, 2013

• Yep. I think it depends on how you word your question and what category you put it in. I have put basically the same question but worded a little different in 1 category only to get flamed and put it in another category where I received a lot of positive feedback. Most of the time, all I get on here is helpful advice which is why I keep coming back. The majority of the women on here are great and genuinely want to help. You gotta take the bad with the good. And if you come on here all stuck on yourself with no real question, just looking for points or fishing for compliments, well, you're gonna get flamed. Just sayin'
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 9:35 AM on Feb. 4, 2013

• No it doesn't happen to me. I am not a troll.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:57 AM on Feb. 4, 2013

• You found the question mark. That's a start.

1) Answers is not your personal blog. You have a journal feature on your profile, use it, if that's what you want to do.

2) Since this is the first question you've ever asked, you can't complain about feedback. All those other things you posted were not questions, they were random thoughts you expected people to slobber all over, regardless of how offensive your thoughts were to other people.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:54 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• from what I have seen the posts you make are deliberately designed to encourage negative feedback. When I first made an account here I sat back for a few days, read through the posts, saw what was considered acceptable and what posts were considered trouble or drama causing posts. Maybe you would do well to take a few days, what answers and reflect on the type of content that you have been posting and weigh it against the answers that you get in return. My five year old just dumped over my trash can just to get my attention and I am making him clean it up. The point to this, if you are going to throw trash like this post out there, be prepared to clean up your own damn mess or find somewhere else to spend your time.
    AnonNdrag

Answer by AnonNdrag at 3:33 PM on Feb. 4, 2013