Potty training

My son is two about to turn three and about a month ago he brought me some big boy underwear so I went with it. The first couple of days he had a couple of accidents but he quickly learned that peeing in the potty was fun, I quickly realized he was terrified of pooping in the potty. He waiting four days to poop and he didn't want to do it on the toilet. A month later and he's still holding it every three or four days. I know its hurting him because he's holds his but and says his tummy hurts. I try to put him on the toilet and he freaks out!! How did you get your children to poop in the potty?

aheuszel

Asked by aheuszel at 9:44 AM on Feb. 4, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• mine were the opposite. Mine pooped in the toilet before actually peeing. Maybe ask him why is he so scared, or "show" him that you sit on the toilet just fine and nothing happens.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:46 AM on Feb. 4, 2013

• My 2.5 year old daughter is like this. She refuses to poop on the potty and will hold it until we put her in a diaper at night. She seems positively terrified of pooping on the potty, even though she pees on it just fine! I've decided not to push the issue and just keep trying to coax her into it.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 10:09 AM on Feb. 4, 2013