My daughter has been asked to take out trash & then return barrels next day.

How much should she charge for taking out trash cans & then returning them back into persons' driveway/garage each week? She has known the couple all her life but they now have moved into another house out of town. Is $10 asking too much? She already has a full time day job.

bcmac

Asked by bcmac at 11:52 AM on Feb. 4, 2013 in Money & Work

• I would do it for free. No way in the world I would charge someone 10.00 nor pay someone that much. There's nothing wrong with being helpful for free
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 12:03 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• Is this a neighbor? If so, I would do it for free. If she has to drive across town or go out of her way, I might charge for the gas but that would be about it.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 12:05 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• She should do it for free.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 12:05 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• Do it for free! That take all but 5 minutes of her time
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:08 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• Oh it's out of town, 5 bucks
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 12:15 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• $10 is way too much. $5 is plenty.

I really hope you mean school is her full time day job. Either way, odd to refer to it that way when its a 10 year old.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:31 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• If there's no one living there, why do they need to be taken out and returned each week? There would be no trash if no one is living there.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 12:37 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• Do I understand they want her to drive to another town to take out the trash and then drive back and return them?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:59 PM on Feb. 4, 2013