Suddenly terrified of the bath!

My 11 month old is suddenly terrified of the bath. This started happening last week, out of the blue. She did not experience any trauma in the bath...so for the life of me, I cannot figure out what is going on. Any suggestions on how to get my little one to, at the very least, tollerate bath time again?

Brianne55555

Asked by Brianne55555 at 11:19 AM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it's hard ...my DS went through this but I can't say for sure it wasn't from a trauma. there was the one month his sperm donor was in his life and did give him some bath's. Just make it as fun as can be - maybe some bubbles and new bath toys.... and just be quick.... now DS just HATES getting his hair washed.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 11:31 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I've read about this but haven't experienced it yet. All you can do is try to make it as fun as can be. I've read that sometimes the water draining is what scares them. They see the water go down the drain and don't understand that they won't go down too. Try draining the tub after he gets out? Have you introduced any new toys to the tub? If so, stick with the old standbys. It is likely just a phase...so the goal is really to not make it worse. Good Luck
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:41 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Yeah its weird, my ds went through the same thing when he was about 7 or 8 months, he would just scream and cry, like he as just so scared of his tub, it lasted for 2 1/2 weeks or so, and I tried new toys, and new songs, and whatever else I could to make bathtime as fun as I could, but I dont think that even made a difference, one day, like out of the blue, he was back to loving bathtime, and we havent had any problems since. Hopefully your ds will just get over it, just try your best to make it a fun and safe time for him
    Anonymous