Does this sound like the flu or a cold?

Thursday I started getting a really bad headache but didn't feel sick. Friday I started getting really bad chest congestion and horrible dry cough but otherwise didn't feel sick. Saturday the congestion subsided a bit but it wasn't until Saturday night that I felt sick, though it wasn't nearly the worst I've ever felt. Saturday night/Sunday morning I had very mild body aches and chills but never got a fever. By Sunday night I felt better but still congested. This morning I feel fine, just coughing up whatevers still stuck in my throat. I never got a sore throat or stuffy/runny nose but I also never got a fever so I'm not sure what's going on. I've read that the flu comes on suddlenly and this obviously took a few days and I never got a fever nor did it knock me on my ass, I just didn't feel well. So all you with your CM MDs what do you think?

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Feb. 4, 2013 in Health

• sounds like the flu to me

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:13 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• When we got the flu, it was high fever etc. Felt so bad couldn't function kind of thing, I think a cold.

Answer by jerseydiva at 1:31 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• Sound like a cold to me

Answer by Alisim at 1:39 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• that's a cold
    flu gives you awful body aches,headache,weakness,dry persistent cough,dizziness,and chest pain

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:05 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• and a high fever

• I think it doesn't matter what you call it... just treat the symptoms and you'll get over it eventually!!

Answer by Crafty26 at 2:45 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• Sounds more like a cold to me.

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 9:17 AM on Feb. 13, 2013