Oatmeal

If you eat oatmeal, how do you like it?

I always add butter and something to sweeten it, usually sugar for the kids and Splenda for me. If I'm trying to get fancy I'll add blueberries or dried cranberries and sliced almonds.

I've been told its weird to add butter, but that's how I've always made it and can't imagine it any other way.

Ginger0104

Asked by Ginger0104 at 1:06 PM on Feb. 4, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I usually put steel cut in the crock pot the night before with some dried cranberries, and diced pecans, and apples. By morning it is just right, and the apples make it sweet enough that you dont need any sugar. And NO butter... that makes me gag.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 2:31 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• I mostly eat it plain or with sliced bananas, maybe some walnuts if I'm in the mood. When I get it from Jamba Juice I like that they put brown sugar in it but never mix anything in it on my own.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:10 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• cooked in milk, good heaping spoon of brown sugar, and a handful of raisins...i also like the strawberry & cream packets but they're too expensive for how little ya get.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:59 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• I like to add bluberries and a touch of evaporated cream.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 1:08 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• I always put butter and sugar in it too. It just doesn't taste as good without it lol.
    Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 1:14 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• I eat mine with strawberries
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:14 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• I eat steel cut oats and love it with butter, a bit of cream, blueberries and honey
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 1:16 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• Not sure how that's weird, I love butter in my oatmeal along with some sort of sweetener, fruit, and cream.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 1:21 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• butter -brown sugar and sometimes, a bit of milk

*or I buy the maple brown sugar oatmeal packets and sometimes add butter/ milk -sometimes not
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:25 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• Grits are also better with a bit of butter.
    I do not put it in my oatmeal but I do like raisins and cinnamom and sugar.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:34 PM on Feb. 4, 2013