Where did she learn this?

I made my kids come down stairs. I have all girls youngest is 18 months. Well my oldest dd is almost 8 and my middle dd just turned5 she is sooooo bad no matter of the discipline. Anyway she is constantly putting her butt in her younger sisters face with her parents on, but today I walked upstairs and I see my dd (5) with her hands on her pants and I hear her say you just seen my private and my oldest is sitting beside her. My 5 year old said this to her older sister. So I ask what they are doing they say nothing I ask if her pants her pulled down they both said yes then I had that look like they were going to get into trouble then my 5 year old said I mean no. Then my oldest just told me today sometimes she pulls down her pants and walks with her pants pulled down or pulls down her pants and puts her butt in her older sisters face so I got on my oldest dd because she was just now telling me this stuff. Then my oldest just came down a few minutes ago to tell me my 5 year old is standing on the toilet with her pants and underwear pulled down. Why is she acting like this? I have all girls and just me and daddy that live here. She has no babysitters at all. She goes to half day preschool that has 2 female teachers and that is it.. So other than school she is ALWAYS with me I don't work.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Feb. 4, 2013 in General Parenting

• My niece started doing things like this as well and she passed it along to my dd who is 4. I let my dd know that isnt stuff little kids do. And i let my nieces mom know what went on as well.

I think it is due to my niece in school and being around other kids. She could hear stuff from your oldest, or other kids at preschool. OR and im not trying to say its your fault, but could she have possibly seen you and her dad doing something, even if it is as simple as changing your clothes or someting?

Also, kids are going to natural get curious with their body parts and other body parts too. I'd just let her know that isnt something that kids do.
    Anonymous

• I don't know where she learned it--could be she thought of it all by herself. Children do things like that sometimes. What have you done about it? I would explain to her that this is not acceptable behavior anywhere. I would give her one warning that it was not ever to happen again. If she disobeyed that, she would be spanked. At five, she is well able to understand that what she is doing is unacceptable behavior. She is also able to understand the concept of disobedience and consequences. This needs to be stopped. Being the middle child is hard. The older and the younger seem to get most of the attention, and she has probably figured out that this little stunt gets her the attention she likes. You have to teach her that this is an unacceptable way to get attention, and then you show her that you will not tolerate it another time.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:50 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• My DS went through a phase where he constantly mooned his brother. It was just his idea of being funny.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:51 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• I wouldn't go berserk or worry too much about where it comes from, but now that you know it's happening you have to tell her this is not ok and reinforce that rule. I would make some extra time for her especially when she is acting nicely so that type of behavior is encouraged.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 3:56 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• First poster I am always afraid she will or any of them for that matter so I ALWAYS lock or bedroom door and they have to be in bed when we do anything lol. She does come in on me getting dressed showering. She walks in on daddy showering or getting dressed as well, but we are trying to stop this. My 8 year old walks in on him to and I keep talking to them why they can't walk in on him.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:09 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• Poster 2.....when she does do this at first I just told her that isn't nice (she doesn't pull her pants down in front of me and I just found out today that she was even doing that part) I have redirected her, put her in time out and spanked her bottom (I do believe in spanking but don't do it often cause it doesn't fase my 5 year old)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:13 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• I bet she did it once on a whim and got a good reaction. Butts are pretty darn funny when you are 5.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:14 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• Thanks ladies
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:14 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• Lol but_mom.....true..I didn't know about the pulling her pants down until today
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:16 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• Why don't you say to her if you don't keep your pants on you will not get to (fill in the blank)! 5 year olds are a bit obsessed with their body parts. But I sure wouldn't spank her take something away, and when she goes without doing it give it back, doesn't make it take something else. You understand that spanking a child on the butt, for showing their butt is sending out mixed signals right?
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 4:17 PM on Feb. 4, 2013