Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

i recently had my children taken away by cps for neglect because i got arrested and got drug charges. What is the best plans for me to follow so that i can get them back with me? I love my children. I have been struggling with an addiction to prescription meds though and I am well aware of the fact that I need help to get them back.

Answer Question

Asked by sadmom882 at 4:28 PM on Feb. 4, 2013 in General Parenting

Level 1 (3 Credits)
Answers (17)
  • Just get the help you need to get cleaned up and show that you can provided a stable life for your children. talk to your case worker and a lawyer on what needs to be done to get your children back

    Answer by LostSoul88 at 4:29 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

  • Hey, welcome back. We've missed you.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

  • The best plan is the one CPS and the courts give you to get on the right track. Have you served your time?

    Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 4:32 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

  • I am sure you case worker has explained exactly what you need to do in order to gain custody back. Where are you children now? To be honest if you can't manage to swing getting clean, you may be better off to leave them where they are loved and well taken care of, assuming this is the case.

    Answer by jerseydiva at 4:34 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

  • If your children were taken away, they are now wards of the state, and the state will tell you what you have to do to get them back. It usually involves drug treatment, and some parenting classes. You need to do what they say as they won't give any leeway on this.

    Answer by Nimue930 at 4:41 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

  • Do everything they've told you to do. Plus, finding and keeping a stable job can only help you. I'd add that to the list

    Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 4:55 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

  • The best thing you can do is follow the advice of your probation officer( if you have one) and the case worker in charge of your file. Follow it to a T.

    Answer by But_Mommie at 4:56 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

  • You need a lawyer!!!

    Answer by Crafty26 at 5:04 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

  • you do whatever the court tells you to do. CPS will tell you the plan

    Answer by okmanders at 5:11 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

  • Get a lawyer and do whatever your caseworker and the courts advise you to do. Oh, and get counseling and get off drugs.

    Answer by theMOMmission at 5:45 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.