i recently had my children taken away by cps for neglect because i got arrested and got drug charges. What is the best plans for me to follow so that i can get them back with me? I love my children. I have been struggling with an addiction to prescription meds though and I am well aware of the fact that I need help to get them back.

sadmom882

Asked by sadmom882 at 4:28 PM on Feb. 4, 2013 in General Parenting

• Just get the help you need to get cleaned up and show that you can provided a stable life for your children. talk to your case worker and a lawyer on what needs to be done to get your children back
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 4:29 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• Hey, welcome back. We've missed you.
    Anonymous

• The best plan is the one CPS and the courts give you to get on the right track. Have you served your time?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 4:32 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• I am sure you case worker has explained exactly what you need to do in order to gain custody back. Where are you children now? To be honest if you can't manage to swing getting clean, you may be better off to leave them where they are loved and well taken care of, assuming this is the case.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 4:34 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• If your children were taken away, they are now wards of the state, and the state will tell you what you have to do to get them back. It usually involves drug treatment, and some parenting classes. You need to do what they say as they won't give any leeway on this.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 4:41 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• Do everything they've told you to do. Plus, finding and keeping a stable job can only help you. I'd add that to the list
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 4:55 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• The best thing you can do is follow the advice of your probation officer( if you have one) and the case worker in charge of your file. Follow it to a T.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:56 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• You need a lawyer!!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 5:04 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• you do whatever the court tells you to do. CPS will tell you the plan
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 5:11 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• Get a lawyer and do whatever your caseworker and the courts advise you to do. Oh, and get counseling and get off drugs.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 5:45 PM on Feb. 4, 2013