If you get a tax return: What do you end up spending it on or do you save it for emergencies or what?

We generally get a decent return and we are (hopefully) paying off the car. Not too much left to pay.

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Feb. 4, 2013 in Money & Work

• Since me and my fiance NEVER buy things for ourselves, clothes necessities etc, we usually will take 150 each and buy clothes and whatever else we need.

We buy our daughter clothes and necessities as well. Her birthday is right after we get taxes so it goes towards that and we usually pay about 2,000 in bills of whatever sort and then let it sit in our bank for any emergencies we may have.

This and the next tax return we get, a lot is going towards our wedding. :)

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:08 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• Most will go in savings and to get ahead on some bills. I think I'm going to upgrade my phone

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:15 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• pay bills, put some into our house (usually we do something big, but this year we're just fixing up our master bath, its only a half bath), some in savings, and then a little to spend on something fun for the family.

Answer by okmanders at 5:25 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• I'm hoping I can use my refund to pay down my credit card a bit.

Answer by Ballad at 5:38 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• I am going to pay it toward our mortgage principle. As long as we have a decent padding in savings, all of our extra money gets paid on the mortgage. I would like to have the house paid off in the next 2 or 3 years. I've already cut 6 years off of our 15 year mortgage by adding extra here and there.

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:56 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• we're putting a new roof on the house and redoing the kid's rooms

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 6:19 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• I need a new stove, and will go somewhere with my son for spring break. than savings.
    When I get a refund I always try to save most of it, than get something we need, like this time the stove.

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:54 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• Return = paperwork. Doesn't do you a lick of good except to prove your income. Refund = money.

• A large chunk going to student loans. I want that crap paid off ASAP!!! I would like to purchase a bike for myself and I need to get some new clothes. I also need new tires and an alignment. We will see what I can actually take care of when it comes in.

Answer by coala at 9:00 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• We are planning to put a down payment on a house. Just waiting to hear back from the finance company.

Answer by Amanda0712 at 9:34 PM on Feb. 4, 2013