5 yr old hostage reunited with mother and kidnapper dead.

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2013/02/midland_city_hostage_crisis_en.html

So glad that the little boy is safe. Can't make clicky, sorry.

mommy_jules

Asked by mommy_jules at 5:26 PM on Feb. 4, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I read that the little boy has Asperger's syndrome, like my son. He has a long road ahead of him as far as recovery goes I would bet. I am SO happy he is back with his parents and back to his routines. I also read his mothers was so scared he would have a melt-down and set off the crazy man. That had also crossed my mind the second I read it. Glad he is safe. so so glad.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:48 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• Finally.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 5:31 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• I'm so glad that little boy is safe. But, that article: yikes. He is safe because of the well trained FBI team not, due to prayers to God.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 6:08 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• the best news!
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:52 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• Thank God! I hope the little boy can get some professional help to move past this and not be too scarred for the rest of his life.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:29 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• Thank God
    BeautyGuru

Answer by BeautyGuru at 5:32 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• He is safe because of the well trained FBI team not, due to prayers to God.
    Answer by 3libras 25 minutes ago

^^^How do you know it wasn't a little of both? That kind of comment is best for the Religious Debate Section, don't ya think?
    I for one am relieved his is safe & hope he gets the help he needs to put this whole ordeal behind him. I'm also glad that the FBI saved the taxpayers a bunch of money, less the cost of a few bullets!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:37 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• I just heard this, thank you for also reporting it. Thank goodness that the little fellow is safe now.

Answer by Bmat at 7:34 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• "He is safe because of the well trained FBI team not, due to prayers to God. ..."Answer by 3libras
    "^How do you know it wasn't a little of both? "mrsmom110
    Cause if that the case mrsmom. God shouldn't have let it happen at all...
    I am so glad he came out alive, and I hipe we find out why that man wanted to do that. I read the guy was very anti government, didn't trust them, and a Vietnam Vet. And as for the not trusting the government, do you blame him? Look back to what happened during that horrid war? Then look at what the govt has done here lately...I ma not excusing his behavior by any means, he was was definitely a nut case with a score to settle. Its too bad he picked a kid to take it out it on.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:22 AM on Feb. 5, 2013

• That is great news
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 11:05 AM on Feb. 5, 2013