So you oppose gay rights?

Gay rights

this is just the start, feel freeto add your own,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on Feb. 4, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• That is a valid point.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 12:11 PM on Feb. 9, 2013

• Rights? Marriage is not a right, it is a sacrament.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 8:57 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• I believe and follow the OT, but I'm not against gay marriage. People have a right to do what I believe is wrong.
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 9:24 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• I had another point on the previous post that didn't show.

But the homosexuals in questions do not have rights or limitted rights within a congregation depending on the denomination.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:25 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• I think having a homosexual relationship is morally wrong. I don't do it. I believe in the Bible as well. That does not mean that I do not think that you have the right to make your own choices and have your own moral veiws. I can respect someone who makes a choice and stands by it. They are not bound by my religious code. We can still be good friends.

So just because I think homosexuality is against my beliefs, does not mean that I believe a homosexual person should not have rights.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:16 AM on Feb. 5, 2013

• i could go on and on...but what really matters is that CHRISTIANITY SHOULD NOT DICTATE US LAWS!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:39 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• Matt 5: 32 "But I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except on the ground of sexual immorality, makes her commit adultery, and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery." strange...i know a lot of divorced & remarried literal Christians.

1 Timothy 2:9 "Likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire." oops!

Matt 5:28 "But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart." so that would be every man on Earth...

1 John 3:15 "Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him." and if i recall correctly Jesus said that everyone is our brother/sister

Col 3:9 "Do not lie to one another..."
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:38 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• 2 Tim 3:16 "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness." unless its OT cause we dont follow that anymore...right?

1 Cor 11:5 "But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head—it is the same as having her head shaved. 6 For if a woman does not cover her head, she might as well have her hair cut off;" i KNOW this one isnt widely practiced!

1 Cor 14:34 "Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says. 35 If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church." i hope you've never talked in the church building about God related things...tsk tsk.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:23 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• They are all old testament verses that don't apply today, for what it's worth
    Anonymous

• Give me a break, eye roll
    Anonymous