What experiences have you had with karma?

It could be karma for bad done to you or for what you have done to others. If you don't believe in it, obviously, you don't have to respond.

hellokittykat

Asked by hellokittykat at 7:16 PM on Feb. 4, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I've seen good and bad. One gal who worked in India with orphans and couldn't have kids herself. She got deathly ill there, came home, had and beat cancer, her house burned down and she had to start life over. Within a year, she met an amazing man who adores her and happens to be loaded, is still cancer free and got pregnant. I believe, it was her selfless work in India that brought her through to where she is today despite all the bad stuff.

Other side: I know a woman who is so self involved it is unbearable. She required the best cars, dining, clothes and Jimmy Choo shoes for several years. She treated her husband like a slave and fished for compliments incessantly and everywhere she went. Finally, her dh had the guts to leave her. She got cancer, a divorce and lost her job within six months. So??? You tell me...
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 8:16 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• Please learn what Karma is. Karma is not "getting what's coming to you"

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:21 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• That's not karma, that's actions having repercussions.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:21 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• *sigh*
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 7:21 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• Not a bad but a good karma. When I was on jury duty we were paid a certain amount but told if we wanted we could sign it over to families of police officers and firemen who had been killed in the line of duty. Of course I signed mine over. When I left that afternoon, as I walked out of the building, there was a $50 bill on the sidewalk. I picked it up and looked around for someone who might be searching for it, but saw no one. So I took it back into the building and tried to hand it to the security officers who said that it appeared that I now had $50. So I left with it. What goes around comes around- even good things.

Answer by Bmat at 7:25 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• Well, if I have the definition of karma right, I must have been a really bad person in my past life because I'm paying for it now. I do try to be the best person I can be so that in my next life things might be a little better.

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 9:29 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• "Well, if I have the definition of karma right, I must have been a really bad person in my past life because I'm paying for it now. I do try to be the best person I can be so that in my next life things might be a little better."

BINGO!! This is closer to the actual idea of Karma than anything written thus far.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:38 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• I've seen some people who have put some pretty negative energy out there by how they treated others, finally get theirs (IRL- not refering to internet land)
    I've read a lot of positive stories about people who do kind, selfless acts, or serve others & are rewarded in some way for it.
    Don't know if that's what you meant.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:23 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• My ex was such an a$$ and treated me like crap. Within a month of me leaving him he went and spent $10,000 on a car and within 6 mos he totaled it. I think he got what was coming to him. He lives his life totally different now. He treats people better than he used to.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:43 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• i have not died yet, so no karma story

but i do have a good "pay back is a bitch' story
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:51 PM on Feb. 4, 2013