"My friend would like to know your OP's on if you think she needs to leave her SO?

He makes over a hundred grand a year, pays her 800 in rent/gas/water/elec/ and that is all.
He has over 1 million dollars in the bank, and she was hoping for a ring this Christmas.

he purcahsed a dollar store Barbie, for her kid, and got her a Starbucks $300 gift card. (that was kind of nice because she spends alot of money there.)

She had asked me after 4 years if he will "pop the question?"

I said probably not, so now I am putting it all to you for "her", LOL!

jerseydiva

Asked by jerseydiva at 7:36 PM on Feb. 4, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Why does he need to pay her anything?

That said, if they are not on the same page with regard to where the relationship is headed I would first counsel trying to get on the same page and, if that isn't successful, it's probably time to make some decisions.

No one here can honestly answer this question for her. It's her life to live.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 7:38 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• I would ask why is all of the info about money when the question is one of the heart?
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 7:41 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• She should ask him if he has plans to marry her at all (best asked about his timeline....where do you see us in five years?) If marriage isn't in his plans she needs to ask herself how long is she willing to invest her time and youth in a man who has no intention of marriage. Lots of men make over $100,000 a yr and give better gifts plus marriage.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:41 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• You can say to him now, lets get married tomorrow and if he says No than she may know what to look forward to in another 4 years with him.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:41 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• That's not a lot of information to go off of. Does he live with her? How much is the rent? The dollar store Barbie thing is weird in general but just because he makes good money doesn't mean he needs to buy everyone lavish gifts. Overall I know nothing about the guy, your friend, or their relationship so really I have no opinion.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 7:39 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• This friend of yours needs to hold out as long as possible for Mr. Moneybags! If she won't keep him, there are plenty of other gold diggers out there who will!
    Anonymous

• TY Mrs. P, my point being and it is true, why would I have to go anon for asking a question for my "friend"! She already knows the answer, I told her I was going to post about her life, and she was cool with it, KNOW why? Because she knows this is CAFE MOM, and nobody knows who she is, LOL
    jerseydiva

Comment by jerseydiva (original poster) at 7:41 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• BTW, this is a true question from her, but as I said why would I go anon, to be told, I think they both have issues, I don't care for how he treats her child.
    jerseydiva

Comment by jerseydiva (original poster) at 7:43 PM on Feb. 4, 2013