How to make nurses Drool

Just drop a cake off at their station and wander off.

We did that today at the hospital. There were several of them involved in a very intense conversation.
They all had furrowed eyebrows. Obviously not a, "Hey, look at me" moment.

So we just put it there and went into to see SO. His nurse came in a bit later- "Did you leave the cake"? "Can we have it"?
She was so wide eyed and obviously pleased.

DD said, "Yeah, it's for you because we can't tip".

Do you bring treats for the nurses?

feralxat

Asked by feralxat at 8:56 PM on Feb. 4, 2013 in Health

• Yes and feral, sometimes it's not possible to take a lunch break let alone a small break....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:07 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• I was in Respiratory and also worked a tad in ER during my EMT days. I can tell you they will absolutely LOVE that little bit of gratitude!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:58 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• Wow, wish i had thought of that the MANY times my mom was in the hospital. Man did they deserve it. My mom was NOT a good patient.
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 9:21 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• What an awesome idea. It never occurred to me to do anything like this when my DH lived on the oncology ward. Those nurses were just amazing though.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:50 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• this is always ALWAYS appreciated! How sweet of you.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:34 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• Whenever my grandfather was in the hospital my grandmother would bring a big basket of Kisses and other chocolates and kept it stocked. My grandfather was a less than stellar patient, but he always got amazing attention from the nurses.

I tried it once when FIL was in the hospital and they looked at me like I was on his pain meds. Who knows, maybe they were having a rough day. With my FIL, especially in his last illness, it was a definite possibility. He made my grandpa look like a walk in the park.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:13 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• LOL yes I do. I admit that I am the woman that sleep on the couch in her husband's room. I am also the one doing the little things so the nurses and aids do not have to bother.
    I do not bring anything while DH is there. It is usually a few days later. I tend toward cupcakes and individual cakes/ cookies.
    They are always so happy.
    And sadly almost shocked that anyone would think of them.
    One year we gave out a bunch of tickets to faire and it was amazing the number that stopped by and "checked" on DH. Very sweet.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:04 AM on Feb. 5, 2013

• That was very sweet of you glad they love the treat.
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 9:17 AM on Feb. 5, 2013

• always generally a huge tub of chocs for all to share
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:28 AM on Feb. 8, 2013

• I read a nurses blog once, it was a bunch of one liners about hates and likes
    a kind of view into what they go through

i remember when i was younger you always took a gift to the nurses but guess it's gone the way of the thank you note

i was afraid they wouldnt be able to share with the icu nurses but there was no problem and SO's nurse was kind of relieved because she said there was no way they could have eaten the whole thing by themselves
    feralxat

Comment by feralxat (original poster) at 9:01 PM on Feb. 4, 2013