Will i get in trouble?

my 3 year old dd hurt her big toe a few weeks ago when she was trying to move the bench to our kitchen table and it fell. i treated it right away by submerging her whole foot in ice water since she wouldnt let me apply ice to her toe. a few days later the area under her nail blackened and i assumed it was dry blood. well here it is weeks later and there is still a black line underneath her toenail. i kept waiting for it to fall off and regrow but it doesnt seem like it will. i want to take her and have it checked even though it doesnt cause her pain but can i be deemed neglectful for not taking her in sooner?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 PM on Feb. 4, 2013 in Kids' Health

• It will fall off, my daughters toe nail took about a month to fall off now her nail is growing in wonderfully. If its not othering her I would really make a big deal out of it :)
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 9:56 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• Probably not unless it's worse than how you're making it sound.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 9:42 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• If its not throbbing they wont drain it, its too late for that. Its going to take at least a month or more to grow out, and at some pointthe nail wil fall of.... but it will be a while. And, no you will not get in trouble if you take her in....
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:06 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• And you parents dont know jack... i treat this kind of thing often... have eve done it to my self... it takes a long time for the nail to grow out!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:09 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• Accidents happen. From what you've described it doesn't sound like a big deal.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:49 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• That's just a bruise a no big deal. It will grow out
    There's no reason for concern here

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:49 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• oh really? well my parents were saying it should've fallen off by now thats why i was concerned. it just looks so gross and nasty but its not causing her pain anymore.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:03 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• Take crafty's advice- she's got the training as opposed to opinionated know it all's
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:10 PM on Feb. 4, 2013