How do I help without taking over?

Okay, so I just threw a baby shower for my best friend, she had never had a shower before with her oldest child and she had never been to a shower before. So now,she wants to throw me a shower but she is very overwhelmed with the new baby and going to school full time that I don't want her to stress her self out about it out of obligation. I am a natural party planner and I already have some thoughts about what I would like to do ( a very non traditional, kids and co-ed party) that would take place after our little boy is born. How to I get her to get it going without taking over because its natural for me to just do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Feb. 4, 2013 in Pregnancy

• if youre close enough tell her what you told us
    easy peasy :)
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:38 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• I agree that you can just tell her-

But also, you could make a To-Do List that would be really simple for her to follow your directions. She'd be busy (enough), but not have to think too much~ You'd have supplied lots of input but let her deal with executing the details.

GL & congrats!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:35 AM on Feb. 5, 2013

• i agree
    san78

Answer by san78 at 2:15 PM on Feb. 23, 2013