What do each of us bring to the table?

i wont go anonymous with this because im not afraid to put my name behind what i post.

we're often accused of being malicious and deplorable to one another. what about all the times we've helped one another? made someone else smile? offered a new recipe? great relationship advice? an internet hug? a fresh perspective?

NP with her knowledge
Fiat's humor (along with Libras, funlovin, feral, too many to mention here)
Kristi's logic & snark that we know we all love her for!
Butterfly's sarcasm
Prissy's well thought out responses & quick wit
Wendy's compassionate advice

please continue the list.... (and hopefully it won't get poofed since it's a positive post)

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 10:44 PM on Feb. 4, 2013 in About CafeMom

•  I am known for my rainbow smiles.

Anonymous

• Everyone brings something good. Seriously I've gotten good advice from people I can't stand and good advice from those I adore.

I will admit, I roll my eyes and say whatever if I don't like the person but I usually stop and say hey she has a good point.

funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 10:47 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• POOF!
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 10:50 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• we need a name for that lady with the rainbow mouth guard
    lol
    Anonymous

• Yep, oh well.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 10:52 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• I posted an issue last week
    Within 72 hours I initiated a new educational plan for my math struggling teen.
    CM rox!

I learned enough about different religions and atheism that when my kid said she didn't believe- I was able to have a better, more compassionate convo than before CM

(check my transcript to watch my growth)

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:54 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• (check my transcript to watch my growth)

oh i can relate to that, you have no idea. if you could see my answers back from 2009 to now, my growth on that subject is awesome. and i have nothing but the ladies at CM to thank for opening my eyes to that.

tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 10:55 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• I've made some good friends here. And, I feel like I've grown too, in a sense that, being on here during a tough time in my life has helped me cope & return to my former self.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:59 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• The best thing about CM answers is that you can disagree with someone on one topic to the point where you think you can't stand them, and then suddenly weeks later in another category you find out you have a lot more in common with that person than you realized. It opens your eyes and hopefully your mind to build relationships with people on here whom you thought you'd never, ever agree with.

And I think that's what everyone brings here. The ability to open our eyes to something we may not have considered before... even if it takes a lot of bickering and maybe even some but hurtedness to get there. Those who do not get past all that are missing out on a lot of fun, imo.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:59 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• when i first got on
    i had a huge personal issue in life life with a man

i was called troll, deleted my question
    i posted again, this time many jumped on the troll wagon

i posted a 3rd time, with a change- i stated 'this is real issue'
    i then got very sweet responses
    no real help, only because the only solution was to leave that toxin person
    but i appreciated all replies

and i did not post a whining post about the troll band wagon, i just tried again
    ...but i am stubborn that way
    PLUS
    i used my ignore button, and reposted until i was taken seriously
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:01 PM on Feb. 4, 2013