How has this website helped you?

I got in this website to try to take my mind off of some personal issues. I keep coming back and forth to this website. I can't decide if I want to stay or go. I really like everyone here and I want to make some friends even if they are just CM friends, but I find that this is having the opposite effect. I seem to be shutting down more to where I keep asking myself why I even try. Was it like that when you first joined? How did you find your way out of the "newbie funk" and has this website really helped you with your problems?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Feb. 4, 2013 in About CafeMom

• when i first found this site, i had a huge personal situation to get through
    it helped to talk with others
    and the humor helped

now, years later, i am still here, life is much better, and i still come on here for my daily dose of humor

plus talking about autism issues, makes me feel like i am not alone with that journey
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:23 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• I am still waiting for someone to fix my broken clitoris.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:27 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• ive been here for over 4 years now and i still sometimes feel like im that loser everyone just tolerates...but thats just how i get sometimes. so for me, as a socially awkward person, that newbie funk never went away. i often find myself thinking "do these ladies recognize my screen name (do they even know me)?" even tho im on here all the time. there are still times i ask a question and think "ugg, why'd i even bother?" cause it gets little response, but thats on me. once you realize your feelings are on you, and not the other ppl, it helps take away that feeling...or at least it helped me. sorry if im not making sense!

and this website has helped me so much, but its not from the actual questions or answers ive seen, but rather the experience of seeing things from other ppl's point of view & socializing with ppl with different back stories than mine.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:56 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• I never felt like a newbie. I just jumped right in and accepted what I got, both good and bad.

Of course, this was back when answers was so active everyone was a regular, and there were no points
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:29 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• I didn't but since you're anon it's hard to tell how you respond to questions here and what your attitude is here in answers.

I started off slow, kept my answers fun and didn't attack or argue with other posters.
    I found my place and made friends first.
    You get what you give.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:31 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:37 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• I love coming here and laughing at some of the drama that is here, and poking fun at others, while trying not to hurt someones feeling on purpose. Like a CM member put up a post on the "damn auto correct" texting for Staci, and I laughed so hard I had teats running down my face and just about pissed myself. Then almost waking up my dd and my dh! LOL
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:31 AM on Feb. 5, 2013

• TEARS!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Not teats!! LOL
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:32 AM on Feb. 5, 2013

• Maybe you should ask yourself how anypone can connect with you other than on a by question basis. There are lots of anons and I am sure you would be offended if we lumped all the anon questions together and said they were just you.

My point is that we can't recognize you out of all the other anons. There is no way to make any kind of connection or ever superficial relationship.

To answer your question, I have always been this SN and at first no one knew me. They were nice enough. Now some recognize me and maybe think fun and others thing oo good opposition lol. Some probably shrug and go oh it is just her flapping her gums. Just like in real life. Your responses and questions make up the picture or feeling of what is you (or at least your screen personal)
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:26 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• I kinda just jumped in & started talking. I'm always myself, & over time I've found that I can relate to almost everybody about something. I don't know that I'm well liked, I hope I'm not disliked. But, I enjoy being here! & I can honestly say that I love my computer because my friends live in it (& my Cafe Mom!)
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 11:46 PM on Feb. 4, 2013