Not a nail person... but what would you recommend?

for a decent set of fake nails ? Gel burns and is so expensive and it itches my face. Acrylic is so damaging...so since it has been almost  2 years since i had a fake set of nails professionally put on, what would you recommend?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Feb. 5, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• I've always had tips and acrylic. However, the last time I went I had to get a whole new set, so I went with straight acrylic. I usually do that on my big toe at the beginning of summer too.

Anyway, to answer your question, everything is going to damage your nails, unless you get a simple manicure.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:27 AM on Feb. 5, 2013

• I would avoid them altogether.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:42 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• I would suggest staying away from fake nails because they will trash your natural nails and only make your hands look worse. You can improve the texture of your hands with a good hand cream with glycerin like Neutrogena's Norwegian hand cream. It sort of plumps out the unevenness and it helps heal the cuticles.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:25 AM on Feb. 5, 2013

• the thing is my hands look really old looking...but thank goodness my face and skin is great....so i have to do something..on a scale of one to ten they are about a 2...just uneven color and very boxy and my skin around my hands looks veiny and just so old ...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:37 AM on Feb. 5, 2013

• I had false nails for years and years, it took forever for them to finally grow out and not look damaged anymore. I'm much happier with my real nails, I still get manicures just with my own nails and I'm much happier. If you have your heart set on falsies I'd go into a salon and talk to the people there about what your best option would be.
    BeautyGuru

Answer by BeautyGuru at 9:27 AM on Feb. 5, 2013

• stay away from gel is all I have to say. I stopped getting fake nails because I feel its a waste of money to upkeep them
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:24 AM on Feb. 5, 2013

• Wraps or sculptured nails.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 9:18 AM on Feb. 5, 2013