Trader Joe's

They just opened one nearby. I've never been to one or heard of it. What type of grocery store is it? Do you shop at them? Advantage over any other store?

Asked by PandaGwen at 9:46 AM on Feb. 5, 2013 in Shopping

• Normally they are famous for their selection of wines. We are having one open near by us to but since I am in good ol' mormon Utah they arent allowed to sell their wines.

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:54 AM on Feb. 5, 2013

• I LOVE Trader Joes. They have healthy food at reasonable prices. They are kind of a specialty food with good breads, meats and cheeses, nuts, etc. I keep some of their frozen foods on hand for emergency meals. I love their sourdough cracked wheat bread.

Answer by ohwrite at 9:51 AM on Feb. 5, 2013

• YES
    this store has only goods with none of the crap chemicals that are on the Feingold elimination diet
    i never have to read labels when i go there !

Answer by fiatpax at 9:51 AM on Feb. 5, 2013

• Expensive, but high quality mostly organic food. They have the best frozen fish I have ever had! They also have good wines at reasonable prices. I shop there about once a month, and they send you a great newsletter each month about what they have going on, it has tons of info in it.

Answer by jerseydiva at 9:50 AM on Feb. 5, 2013

• I love Trader Joe's. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to shop there in years due to not being close to one.

Answer by 3libras at 9:52 AM on Feb. 5, 2013

• Trader Joe's is awesome. The food is more natural, and their prices are good. I haven't been in a while because ours is in a weird spot. They have the best vanilla bean sandwich cookies and meatless meatballs. Also great salsas and snacks that aren't full of chemicals.

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:13 AM on Feb. 5, 2013

• Well at the liquor store, lol. Stores sell beer buts thats about it. They have liquor stores around but the hours suck and they are closed on Sundays (go figure)

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:01 AM on Feb. 5, 2013

• We love to stock up on snack foods when we are near one. Denver is supposed to get one sometime this year, but the site is still a vacant lot, so who knows.

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:04 AM on Feb. 5, 2013

• Its more natural food. There isnt a huge variety and it can be more expensive but there are a few things I get there over regular grocery stores.

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 10:16 AM on Feb. 5, 2013

• Lost Soul, where can or do you buy liquor in Utah? I am just nosey, lol!

Answer by jerseydiva at 10:45 AM on Feb. 5, 2013