This is not for me, but maybe of help to some on here!

Is it possible to call CPS on yourself? If you are doing dangerous things, that could cause you to not be a very good mother, could you call them? Do you think they would help you, or does that even happen?
I would think if I was worried about harming myself, or doing things to harm myself, that in turn could lead to my child being harmed, I would think about it.
I wonder if any of you know if this can even be done?

jerseydiva

Asked by jerseydiva at 11:53 AM on Feb. 5, 2013 in Parenting Debate

• Yes you can and yes it does. If I felt I was capable of harm and had no where else to turn, I would absolutely call. That is a good thing. No matter what problems that mom may have, she should be commended for doing the appropriate thing.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:01 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• You CAN yes,but they'll take the kids away

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:56 AM on Feb. 5, 2013

• Yes you can call them on yourself.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:57 AM on Feb. 5, 2013

• yes they would take the kids away. They do whats best for the kids no the parent
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:05 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• if I was doing horrible things and I knew it was harming my children i would give them to a trusted family member (or their dad) till I can get help. I will try my best not to get the state involved.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:06 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• Yes you can call it on yourself and maybe they can guide you in the correct way to get the help you need.
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 12:28 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• Yes someone can call CPS on themselves and be anonymous but if its very serious and they want help before it gets to a CPS issue, they should seek counseling.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:12 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• Are you sure they would take the kids away? Wouldnt' they get them some kind of help?
    jerseydiva

Comment by jerseydiva (original poster) at 11:58 AM on Feb. 5, 2013

• so, if you were in a situation, wouldn't you still call them, to protect your child from harm? DIK
    jerseydiva

Comment by jerseydiva (original poster) at 11:59 AM on Feb. 5, 2013