Have you ever been actually disturbed by a question that has been asked here?

In the few years I have been on this site, I have never been disturbed by something I have read here until today. It really worries me if you know what I am talking about. Seems like an odd downhill progression. How about you? Any other serious posts disturb you here ever? Don't know what category this applies to BTW.

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 12:02 PM on Feb. 5, 2013 in Health

• Yes, absolutely. It reminds me of a truly disturbed person I worked with in the past who had absolutely no business being a parent. CM is my refuge from the real world. So, even though I no longer work in that field, the last thing I want is to deal with that stuff here. Especially when I'm not getting paid.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:12 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• Yes, today is one example, but a few years ago, a young mom posted some questions that told about a very abusive situation she was in, with a newborn baby. A lot of moms on here...including me, were very worried. I contacted cafemom. I also tried posting places in the area where she seemed to be where she could get some help. Other moms were also obviously disturbed. I never did hear what happened with her, I hope she got help and got out with her baby.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:07 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• just one odd question will not disturb me- this is the internet afterall
    but
    when a series of questions that are very disturbing and with questions in between that are very innocent- makes it very bizarre
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:38 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• yes, once in a very great while, I remember once a couple of weeks ago there was a question about someone wanting to commit suicide, it was poofed almost as soon as it came up.
    today I am disturbed again.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 12:05 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• Yeah,THAT one,and in the past,a few that were like hell and brimstone type religious ones

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:30 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• Yes and I also reported them.
    Anonymous

• anon, just curious, why would you report them? sounds nutty yes, but I am not sure if reporting them will do any good, and may backfire if indeed the situation is real, I have a sad feeling it might be.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 12:12 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• It doesn't fit a poofed profile, and is almost too raw to be fake, and even if it is fake they still have problems almost bigger than the ones described.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 12:22 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• not any one question that I can think of really...but a combination of them today has made me wonder if the person posting is really getting the help she needs
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:30 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• I looked at her profile and I PMed her to see where abouts Utah does she live. She has her name and her husbands name so that doesnt really narrow down anything. I hope I can get more info from her
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:32 PM on Feb. 5, 2013