How do you guess what size your kids will be next year? I know this is probably a stupid question,but...

I always notice that stores have BIG clearances when the season is about to change.I want to take advantage of those clearances when it is turning spring to buy my boys some winter clothes for next year.But it's hard for me to guess what size they will be next year.To the moms who do this,how do you guess your kids size for the next year?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 PM on Feb. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• Get 2 sizes bigger... That gives them plenty of growing room or 3 sizes if you dont think thats enough
    Anonymous

• 1-2 sizes bigger at least, even if they end up too big you can always use them the following year.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 12:29 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• It depends on their age.

My 5 year old (next Thursday!) is currently fitting well in a size 6/7. He'll probably stay that size this fall and at least the beginning of winter. (although his size 6 jeans are getting short, so I'll bump up those)

My 3 year old is in a 5T or a small 4. I'll have size 4/5 for him next winter.

My 2 year old is in 3T/4T's....He's probably going to be in full 4T and maybe some 5T's.

TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:17 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• mines only 8 months, but i bought her some stuff for next winter. shes been in 9 months for a while now & can fit into a lotta 12 months. so i bought 18 shirts & 24 pants (she has long legs). if stuff ends up being too big just wash it in hot water & it might shrink
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:48 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I wish the clothing companys would fix their sizings. Our five year old is in a 4/5 for some clothes, a 5/6 for others, a 7 in others, and I bought one thing that was a size 7 that is barely big enough for him (I bought it for Christmas, so I thought it would give him growing room, but nope.) He's not big for his age. The sizings just suck.
    Anonymous

• I usually don't buy winter clothes on clearance because I never know if they will hit a growth spurt and then the pants won't fit. I do buy summer stuff on clearance because they are usually sleeveless and shorts so they can grow a bit and still fit into them.
    I've also learned that my girls just don't grow, lol. My 8yo has been wearing the same size for years (she can still fit into a 4T size shorts because she is so skinny). But I never know what size to buy my son. But generally 1-2 sizes bigger is a good bet (go 2 sizes bigger if they tend to grow fast or are do to have a growth spurt).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:28 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I always go at least one size up.
    I recently bought, for my soon to be 3 y/o..size 4 for next winter (boy), and for my soon to be 2 y/o girl, I bought size 3s.
    They have pretty much followed to sizing charts. I will compare some of the 5's to 4's etc. to make sure that it seems right.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 9:51 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• my 4 yr old is in size 6/7 so i've been getting him 8s. hes tall. and my 2 yr old i get him 5's. hes in 3t some 4ts. 2 sizes is normally best. :-) so 3 sizes up if its stuff your going to layer with.
    Anonymous