Bladder infection?

for the last couple hours i have had a burning feeling with urge to pee. when i attempt to pee it is but a trickle.

i have not had sex in weeks but i have had a few baths.

is this some type of infection? how long should i wait to find out if it is?

i have only had 1 infection in my life and I think it was similar but much worse.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Feb. 5, 2013 in Health

• I'm glad your doc was so easy to get a script from
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 12:09 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• Sounds like a UTI. Call your doctor, they will have you come in for a test and give you an antibiotic. It is not something you can treat over the counter.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:13 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• sounds definitely like a UTI.
    And though it's not recommended to treat them at home, I have and have very successfully!
    1 quart of "Just Cranberry" brand juice (ingredients: cranberry & nothing else). diluted in 1 gallon of water. Drink this each and every day for well, I did 10 days just to be safe PLUS some/lots of cranberry pills. The symptoms were gone the next day, but it's important to flush the bacteria out.
    Problem solved and I didn't have to deal with the inevitable yeast infection I get from taking anti-biotics
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 4:26 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• Go to the doctor as soon as you can so you can get some medicine. I can never catch my bladder infections in time and I always wind up with a kidney infection.
    Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 4:21 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• You will be sick of cranberry taste at the end of the 10 days, but for me it was so worth it to not pay the doc $80 plus the lab fee of $60 plus the antibiotics and the Monistat after the course of antibiotics.
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 5:14 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• If you're symptoms get worse or don't subside after 2-3 days you'll have to go to the doctor as you don't want it turning into a kidney infection. If the symptoms are subsiding, just stick with it and you'll be fine
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 5:15 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• My MIL drinks the cranberry regularly because she is so prone to these infections. It does the trick for her. Fell better!!
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 7:14 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• we don't have insurance. It would cost you that if you didn't either.
    I know, I know. We should have insurance for the major medical - that is a gamble right now, BUT for just everyday medical, we are RARELY sick and most things I treat at home with herbal remedies and such, so paying the large fee for medical is just ridiculous - I have that going into savings instead for when something does happen (and yes, still a gamble)
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 12:08 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• my doc's office must be out to lunch. i keep calling and getting a recording!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:25 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• that sounds great, daily, thank you. so i'll go grab some juice and cran pills. hopefully wal-mart has 'em.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:31 PM on Feb. 5, 2013