Stop Sign

Hoping this won't be hard to follow:

Let's say you are stopped at a stop sign behind someone and that someone is pulled up well past that line that you are supposed to stop at so much that the front end of your car is actually at that line.

That someone moves on and it's your turn to stop, but yet you are already stopped at the line.

So do you have to pull forward and stop again or is the stop you made behind that someone (at the line) considered you stopping at the sign?

It would look as though you didn't stop for your turn at the sign, but again, you are already at the line you were supposed to stop at.

Thoughts?

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 4:53 PM on Feb. 5, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Just take the few minutes and stay stopped no sence getting a ticket for someones elses stupid mistakes. Plus it does not last that long (the stopping I mean)
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 8:37 AM on Feb. 6, 2013

• I think a police officer would say stop again.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 8:07 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• I'd just move about a foot & then stop again.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 7:16 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• "^^^ LOL! I would expect that from a Michigan driver! :p They think everything is optional, speed limits, turn signals, etc. hahaha :) "
    LMAO!! Thats why I have a radar detector, and I am broke, I can't afford blinker fluid!! :)
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 7:12 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• sidesplittinglaughter^^^^LOL NP!  I hope she comes back & reads this! Too funny! :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:08 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• They think everything is optional, speed limits, turn signals,

pavement...

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:57 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• Back in drivers ed days we were told to stop behind the line, then move up a little, do our left right left & then go if it was clear. Of course that was back when we had the Flintstone mobiles, so the rules may have changed a bit. :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:47 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• Stop signs....just a suggestion in many states... ")
    Answer by Michigan-Mom74 36 minutes ago

^^^ LOL! I would expect that from a Michigan driver! :p They think everything is optional, speed limits, turn signals, etc. hahaha :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:44 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• How many law enforcement officers are in the area at the time?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:27 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• As long as I have a good visual I don't stop again. I just go. Obviously if there is oncoming traffic, that is a different case, but in the event you have a visual and it is safe to do so, just go.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 6:07 PM on Feb. 5, 2013