Do you think it is okay for a woman who had sex with a man got pregnant by him not to tell him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• SHe needs to tell him
    Anonymous

• I personally think he has the right to at least know.
    Anonymous

• It depends on what kind of a relationship you have! You are the only one that can really answer that.
    Anonymous

• I think it depends.

If he's abusive, had a lifelong addiction to drugs/alcohol, is a pedophile, etc then really I personally wouldn't tell. Do you really want that person in your child's life?

But if he's a decent guy, then yes.

At the same time, however, he could fill out one of those forms that he had sex with you (forgot what they are called - I used to work as a CPS caseworker) and then he will be notified if you have a baby.
    Anonymous

• At some point she will have to tell him, but I can understand if she isn't ready. She has to deal with her own reactions, and than she can start dealing with his. The longer she keeps it a secret the heavier it will be to carry. The things we carry in our heart our the things that weigh us down. If she lightens her load she can enjoy her pregnancy and child.
    Anonymous

• i would just hint at him if would like to have a baby, if not tell him anyway
    spiteful

Answer by spiteful at 12:17 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• No, if you are keeping the baby. Otherwise, if your not then it's ok, just my personal opinion.
    Me2dznb

Answer by Me2dznb at 12:32 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I deserves to know. Whether he wants to be in the baby's life or if you choose not to keep the baby, either way he does deserve to know.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:47 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Well, that would not be fair. Men can't have babies so if he got her pregnant he should have the same amount of input as the mother. Takes two.
    Fallon_Long

Answer by Fallon_Long at 12:52 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• My first instinct was to say yes, you should tell him. But yeah, I guess there are some circumstances when it wouldn't be a good idea. If you intend to have an abortion and don't want him to know at all, it's probably better not to tell him. But if you're gonna have/keep the baby, he really does have the right to know. And it's protection for you, too. He owes you to help support the child he helped create.
    TeeJai

Answer by TeeJai at 1:25 PM on Feb. 14, 2009