If you're visiting someone who shares a driveway/parking area with a neighbor(s), do you park in that space...

or do you park on the street?
This is one of my biggest pet peeves.
my upstairs neighbors and I have a shared driveway. The left side is ours,right side for them
Their visitors will come over and park on our side,the middle,or on the right side,but too close to our side so we can't get by
The street is less than 50 feet away from their door.
I've asked her to ask her guests to park on the street,and she says she has the right to have them park on her side. Well no. They already have 2 cars on that side. There's no room for more.
She says just knock and i'll have them move.
Why should my husband have to deal with that shit?

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 5:03 PM on Feb. 5, 2013 in Just for Fun

• They should park on the street.

I always park a thousand miles away like a weirdo. Crooked too.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:07 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• block them in... make them come to you!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 5:17 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• Tell them next time they are parked in your space you will have their car towed
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 5:13 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• If I didn't know it was a shared driveway, I would probably park in it, if no one told me otherwise. But if I knew it was a shared driveway, or the next time after I'm informed, I'd park on the street. And I would never block in someone else's car, and if they came home and asked me to move my car, I'd do it immediately, and apologize for being in their spot.

I once had a neighbor that used to have 4-5 friends, all in different cars, come visit him, and he'd have them park in my driveway - ACROSS THE STREET! The first time, I was nice, and they took a good hour to move. So the second time, I went out and told them they better move their cars because I'd called the cops to have them towed (hadn't called yet), third time - same thing. Fourth time, I went out with a hammer and said if they didn't want me busting windshields, they better get their POS cars out of my yard and keep them out. Never had that problem again. :D
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:42 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• Post a sign and start having them towed every time. They'll learn.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:05 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• And, after reading your answers, in your situation I'd either tow the guests' cars or block them in. If blocking them in, I'd also take my sweet ass time moving so they can get out.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:19 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• Yea they are acting childish. Doesn't sould like you can work with them. To bad they are making you want to move. It would be nice if they moved first, right?

Answer by louise2 at 8:03 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• I would just go and tell them to move their cars. Every single time. And go talk to the landlord about it. Put in a complaint.

Answer by louise2 at 5:14 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• In a situation like that I'd either 1) tell my guests that parking is limited and they need to park on the street, 2) park on the street and let my guest(s) have my spot, or 3) prearrange parking with you to see if you'd be ok with me taking the whole driveway for a few hours.

To me, those would be the easiest/most polite things to do.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:16 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• I would play their game then
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 5:19 PM on Feb. 5, 2013