What do I do?

I feel helpless and frankly real pathetic. I am more like a mother to my husband than a wife, what do I do about this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• Get rid of him and find a real man.
    Anonymous

• Each time you tend to "mother" him, take a step back and think to yourself, "I am not his mom, I'm his wife" Maybe you do it without even realizing it. Just try to be aware of what you are doing and I'm sure you will not do it as often. We all do things sometimes without realizing it; don't feel bad.
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 12:17 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• OP here: I don't mother him intentionally, he just doesn't do the sensible thing on his own, and if I don't say a thing its as if I want him to sabatoge himself.-because I'm not helping him see what he's doing wrong.  something as simple as doing his jobs at home to not being late for work!

Anonymous

• Tell him how you feel. Pick a quiet time. Be sure to word your concern as your problem. In other words, instead of saying you behave like a child, say that you are concerned that he is giving you more responsibility than you feel comfortable with. Or that you feel uncomfortable because you don't like feeling like the dominant person in the marriage, that you should be equals. You don't want to say something that will make him feel insulted or will cause him to lose face. Stress that you love him.

Answer by Bmat at 12:19 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Listen to Bmat... good advice.
    TeeJai

Answer by TeeJai at 1:28 PM on Feb. 14, 2009