directions for amoxicillin 250 ml for a 3 yr old weights 50 lbs

avi21

Asked by avi21 at 7:28 PM on Feb. 5, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Whateven the Dr. told you
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 8:22 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• My husb. works at a pharmacy & that does not sound right to him at all. Please call your pharmacist before giving him/her medicine. As to the weight issue, please ignore those bringing that up. God made us all in different shapes & sizes. Hope your little one feels better soon.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:28 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• Read the label. Where did you get the medicine? Are you in the USA??

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:10 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• I'm sorry but this sounds strange. Are you sure it's not 250mg/5ml? Anyway, that's somewhat irrelevant because if it is prescription, there will be a label on it with specific instructions (i.e. 3.5 ml per mouth 2 x's per day). Also, most pharmacies ask patients if they need any instruction for the medication when they give it to the patient. I guess that I am concerned that this isn't being used properly, especially since it is for a child. A pharmacist will be able to tell you how to administer the medication.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:29 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• I work in a pharmacy and there is no way in hell that a pharmacist would not have labeled this prescription without instructions.
    This tells me you're trying to medicate your child using someone else's prescription.

I sure hope you're smarter than that!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:25 AM on Feb. 6, 2013