directions for amoxicillin 250 ml for a 3 yr old weights 50 lbs

Asked by avi21 at 7:28 PM on Feb. 5, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I work in a pharmacy and there is no way in hell that a pharmacist would not have labeled this prescription without instructions.
    This tells me you're trying to medicate your child using someone else's prescription.

I sure hope you're smarter than that!

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:25 AM on Feb. 6, 2013

• I'm sorry but this sounds strange. Are you sure it's not 250mg/5ml? Anyway, that's somewhat irrelevant because if it is prescription, there will be a label on it with specific instructions (i.e. 3.5 ml per mouth 2 x's per day). Also, most pharmacies ask patients if they need any instruction for the medication when they give it to the patient. I guess that I am concerned that this isn't being used properly, especially since it is for a child. A pharmacist will be able to tell you how to administer the medication.

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:29 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• Read the label. Where did you get the medicine? Are you in the USA??

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:10 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• My husb. works at a pharmacy & that does not sound right to him at all. Please call your pharmacist before giving him/her medicine. As to the weight issue, please ignore those bringing that up. God made us all in different shapes & sizes. Hope your little one feels better soon.

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:28 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• Whateven the Dr. told you

Answer by Dardenella at 8:22 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• my 3 year old is 30 lbs

Mine is too. I was going to ask if that weight is correct.

Answer by 3libras at 8:13 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• LOL,that would be 50 teaspoons!!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:08 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• Your doctor should have told you when he prescribed it. He also should have written on the prescription for the pharmacy. The pharmacy should have printed the directions for use on the label they put on the bottle and or the box. Why don't you have this information?

• My 7 year old doesn't even weigh 50Lbs

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:55 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• Pharmacist should know ask several of them for confirmation

Answer by sunshine196 at 7:40 PM on Feb. 5, 2013