Valentines for the class

would it seem presumptuous of the teacher to include her name on the student name list for valentines?

I usually include the teacher but something rubbed me the wrong way that she went out of her way to add herself to the list of students to make valentines for.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Feb. 5, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• LOL. She DID write it in? That is a little lame. I can see how that appears pushy.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 9:23 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• I was going to include the teacher, but her name is easy to spell. We actually have to include the last initial on two cards because he has two kids in his class with the same first name and they are the opposite gender so it matters which kid gets which card.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 9:24 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• She didnt even include the helpers, is she would have been like "Optional" then listed the teachers and aid I don't think I would have seen a problem. But Im not surprised, this coming from a woman that emailed all the parents that she is getting married and about her honey moon. I think shes an attention seeker.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:30 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• Teachers at our old school did that. Bugged me too. DS just took home his valentine info letter today - not only is the teacher's name not on it, they can't address them to any of the kids. To save time, they are only allowed to sign their own name in the "from" space. My question is, if they can't address them, to make it easier & faster to hand them out, why specify how many boys & girls there are in the class? Eh, whatever.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 10:57 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• No, I don't think it's presumptuous.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 1:53 AM on Feb. 6, 2013

• When my kids were in elementary school and every teacher I worked I worked with in elementary school (I'm an aide)always included their name, if they had an aide in the room they included it. Some even would include the names of the specialists. Not that any teacher expects cards but many kids want to include them. Having the name there is helpful so if it's a difficult name you know how to spell it, (the younger the child is, the harder it can be) Also, I know when I would make out cards either for my own class of when my kids wrote them out it was helpful to check off the name after you did the card so you don't forget anyone. I didn't get cards from every student but did from many. They also enjoyed making the teachers card holder.
    Shell89

Answer by Shell89 at 5:58 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• No
    escuchar

Answer by escuchar at 10:57 PM on Mar. 21, 2014