Valentines for the class

would it seem presumptuous of the teacher to include her name on the student name list for valentines?

I usually include the teacher but something rubbed me the wrong way that she went out of her way to add herself to the list of students to make valentines for.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Feb. 5, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I don't think it is presumptuous. My son's teacher also added all of the helpers for the class and the other teachers DS interacts with. That was a little annoying.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:47 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• um no that's probably very helpful cause how many little kids can remember how to spell their teacher's name? we haven't even gotten a list for my Kindergartener's class, but this week is PTC so i'm sure her teacher is busy enough with that!
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 8:55 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• i just took a break from trying to get my daughter (5) to do this

our teacher wants child to write their name- fine
    but address them all to the other kids WITH first AND last names

uggh!

just getting daughter to write her name name 20 times is a huge problem
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:47 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• then with all her teacher we are talking extra 2 teachers + she has 7 therapists and paraprofessionals
    thinking ....
    (am i bad for this)
    getting her to write her name one good time and using a photocopier

lol
    half serious on this
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:50 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• I don't know that it's presumptuous,but I DO know that my dd's teacher and the two assistants are going to get home made heart shaped crayons just like the rest of the class. LOL
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 8:50 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• Oh thank you. I didn't even think of including the sweet teacher and her aide. No, not presumptuous. They should learn to spell her name too. Again, thanks.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 8:54 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• Ok, fiat, first and last is too much. I agree. I just now saw your answer.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 8:55 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• I guess it was just rude to me for a grow woman to expect valentines (it was also xmas cards) from children. I guess I am spoiled from DS's last teacher that expected nothing from the students, but rather helped them make things for other students.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:58 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• Ok, I'll bite, how did she go out of her way to add herself to the list? Did she hand write her name across the top of each list? with a big arrow pointing to it?
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 9:14 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• no but she did write it in before photo copying it. But like I said in a reply i find it rude for a grow woman to expect valentines from children. DS last teacher was never like that. Of course we did give him and the helps card and gifts on holidays, I guess its just the fact of expecting it that bothers me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:17 PM on Feb. 5, 2013