2nd teeth coming up behind baby teeth?

My DD is 6yo... She noticed her tooth getting lose at Christmas Time, well tonight I just happen to notice that there are two lil' teeth poking up behind her two bottom teeth..

Is this normal? Will her new teeth continue to push it up & out? Should I take her to the dentist, or how long/what signs should I look for to take her to the dentist about this?

-I really do not want to take her for them to pull them if I dont have to. I know she will fear having the same thing happen with her other teeth. And Im wondering if they will not give it to us (toothfairy!!!)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 PM on Feb. 5, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Give it a while
    escuchar

Answer by escuchar at 10:56 PM on Mar. 21, 2014

• That happened to me with my canines. My genius (read stupid) mother didn't even take me to a dentist. Thank the Gods that I ended up busting my mouth when I fell off my bike and they came out on their own when I was about12. Otherwise, I would either still have them or would have had them pulled as a teen. I would suggest you have her keep wiggling the baby teeth to see if they loosen up and if the tooth gets about half way out, take her to the dentist.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 1:07 AM on Feb. 6, 2013

• Take her to the dentist. It needs to be fixed or the teeth will be all weird later on. My sister had this done but she didn't have baby teeth, it was two adult teeth behind each other. They put braces on to move them.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 11:15 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• I had it happen with all of my teeth beginning with the canines. I ended up with most of the teeth being pulled but only because the adult teeth came all the way in and the baby teeth never got loose. It good that her teeth are loose. Have her keep wiggling.

And I always received any teeth that I had pulled in a nice little envelope. And the tooth fairy always paid extra for pain and suffering (my grandmother, at least. Mom just probably gave me a quarter or something.)
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:12 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• I have seen it happen. I had it personally happen with my top canines. My permanents were poking through and good ways and the baby ones still in. They had to put my braces on, pull the baby teeth and then pull my permanents down. Don't wait to long or does become difficult to get them out.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:52 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• DS had that happen with a couple of his teeth, we ended up pulling them ourselves. I wouldn't let them get too far in before you pull them or you take her to get looked at. We waited a while on one hoping it would push the baby tooth out and the baby tooth became almost impossible to get out. If you do go in and they pull them, every office I know of will give you the tooth. They get the tooth fairy.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:49 PM on Feb. 5, 2013