Does anyone have a child whos always angry?

Im starting to wonder does my daughter have a spirit of anger on her. Has this happened to anyones child?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 PM on Feb. 5, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• By spirit of anger do you mean a demon or something along those lines? If so, then no. Id say your daughter is entering puberty and having difficulty with mood swings.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 10:28 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• if you demon - i do not believe in that

imo
    anger comes from somewhere not some mythical being
    either a medical issue/imbalance
    or a mental issue/situation
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:17 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• Devils and angels belong in the church, period.

Does she have something to be angry about?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:25 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• ...and she was never heard from again.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:46 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• No I don't mean demon.. Maybe spirit is the wrong word, She is just full of a lot of anxiety and maybe it is hormones seems to happen in late afternoon and evening, Maybe shes just tired. Reminds me of PMS but shes only 9.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:39 AM on Feb. 6, 2013

• Sounds like you're asking if there's such a thing as "Just an angry child," as if someone might just be born that way?

I believe there are reasons FOR the way people are.

It's a big challenge to respond optimally to a child who is angry a lot of the time, because those defenses are strong & tend to be very off-putting. But I do believe the anger/irritability is a signal or indicator, not a thing in itself. So an optimal response would be one that helped to address underlying issues, thus beginning to resolve the "symptom" of the anger. (Most parental responses focus on the symptom, focus on trying to stop/extinguish the angry behavior or the "acting out." But "acting out" by nature of the term implies something inside that is being acted out in behavior. It doesn't imply simply "bad behavior.")
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 9:25 AM on Feb. 6, 2013

• My son was picked on relentlessly in 6th grade, he never came home and told us about it either. I couldn't understand why his attitude was so angry all the time until one day he and I sat down and he told us about what was going on at school. Oh, it was a whole can of worms! And, then we went in and talked to the counselor and let them know of the bullying my son came home and told me "thank you! For finally doing that!" I had no idea until he actually told us that he was afraid to tell us because he didn't want to be labeled a "snitch"...bless his little heart!
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 10:25 PM on Feb. 14, 2013

• My dd just turnedn12 she's always mad/angry about something or someone. Her life is always terrible. And her friends always hv better things.... I'm hoping its her hormones, 9 is pretty young, but def not unheard of. Sometimes she gets so mean and angry I think: damn my kid is BITCHY! Good luck...hopefully there isn't something happening at school or with friends hv u asked her that???
    Rysmommy66

Answer by Rysmommy66 at 12:11 AM on Mar. 5, 2013