Ever give someone a bad haircut?

My little brother(hes 19) just asked me to cut his hair...with kitchen shears. He put it in a pony tail and I cut it off. It ended up looking like a bob! The back it super short and choppy. Wish I had a pic of it...but he wont let me!

Lobelia

Asked by Lobelia at 10:40 PM on Feb. 5, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I tried giving my husband (bf at the time) a mullet and it looked horrible thank god his aunt is a beautican and no worrys hair will always grow back just tell him to buzz it.
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 8:24 AM on Feb. 6, 2013

• yes but i always say its free
    sunshine196

Answer by sunshine196 at 10:43 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• My husband had long hair before going into the army. He didn't want them to cut it so he asked me to. I refused at first, but he insisted, so I did and it was choppy as well. I finally just shaved it with the clippers. 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:45 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• The night before my best friend and I graduated high school she asked me to trim her bangs. What started out okay got shorter and shorter, til she wound up with short curls on one side that angled down to nicely trimmed bangs on the other side.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:46 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• even it out!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:56 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• I think that would just make it worse staci! I dont think I could even it. I tried to cut my son's bangs once. I kept trying to even them out and it just kept getting shorter and shorter! The salon had to give him a buzz cut!
    Lobelia

Comment by Lobelia (original poster) at 11:20 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• Lol, Yes. I was new in Cosmetology, and left the clippers running while removing the cutting cape ( so I could make sure I had any stray body hairs taken care of at the base of the neck) and the clippers bumped into the back of his head making a nice bald line right in the back of the cut. He had very dark hair so it was very obvious. I felt sick and offered him free services for the next time. Luckily he was a great customer who took it well. It was one of those "I can't believe I just did that" moment....... never did it again :-)

LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 12:38 AM on Feb. 6, 2013

• I tried cutting my sons hair once, it was hideous

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 12:39 AM on Feb. 6, 2013

• No----because I'm not a licensed hair stylist. would he let someone that isn't an auto mechanic fix his transmission?
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 12:44 AM on Feb. 6, 2013

• yes,myself a few times. Also DH,he asked for a bowl cut,he ended up looking like I put a bowl on his head lopsided! We ended up buzzing his hair
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 1:06 AM on Feb. 6, 2013