how many naps?

How many naps/ what is your childs sleep schedule like and what age. i think my DD is napping too often because getting her to sleep at night is a task like never before she is 8 mos and naps 11-2 and 3-5

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 PM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We sleep 8-8 at night
    3 naps during the day and the last one must be over by 7p.m. or she won't go to bed. I do child led naps and don't really set a schedule for her.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:33 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Oh and she is 7 1/2 mos
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:34 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• At 8 mo. it was 11 hours at night and a nap at 10 am (1-2 hours) and a nap at 3 pm (2 hours). It has pretty well stayed the same now that she is 10 mo...although naps tend to be a bit shorter. I found that the biggest obstacle to get her to bed at night was not enough day time sleep. Surprisingly enough, a well rested baby sleeps longer and harder than a tired one. What time are you putting her to bed at night? I found that my daughter woke up at 7 am every morning regardless of what time I put her to bed at night. Once I started to put her to bed earlier in the evening (8pm), everything got much better. Good Luck!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 12:42 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• OP HERE: ive been trying to do an 8:00 bedtime but that past 3 nights she has stayed up until like11:30-12:30! i got her to bed by 10:30 the other night and she wokeup at 2am and stayed up till 6!
    Anonymous

• I second what Angie said. Babies need more sleep than you think, and if they do't get that sleep then they sleep more poorly than when they do get the proper naps in during the day.

My 10 month USED TO (before 2 weeks ago) nap from 10-Noon and from 2:30-4pm. Sleepy time is between 7 and 7:30 and he sleeps 'til 7 or 7:30am. The only thing that's changed is that he's been resisting his afternoon nap for the past 2 weeks.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 12:45 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Well dow my ds naps for 30 mins to an hour between 9-11 and about 30 minutes to 1.5 hrs between 1 and 3. Now he sleeps 7pm-530/6am. The reason you're having problems getting her to sleep could be because she naps too late in the day, instead try to keep her awake if its after 4 or 5 unless you wanter he to be up, and probobly cranky until 9 or 10pm
    Anonymous

• My 6 mont old naps pretty much like your baby does!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 4:03 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• My 6 month wakes up around 7am. Takes two 1 to 2 hour naps. One nap in the morning and one in the afternoon. She goes to bed at 8pm.
    Anonymous