Is 400mg doxycycline a day too much for 10 days?

I have had a swollen lymphnode for around 6 moths my dr prescribed 100mg doxycycline--2 pills twice daily which equals 400 mg.

A few days later I got a message saying my prescription was ready and it was doxycycline 100mg but one pull twice daily. So idk what's going on but I plan to call him in the morning I was jw if anyone has taken 400mg a day! That seems a little much to me..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on Feb. 5, 2013 in Health

• Sorry, my Google degree expired last week.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:38 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• Call your Dr. to be sure. my medical degree has not yet come in the mail
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:49 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• Why did it take a few days to fill your Doxycycline? Antibiotics should be filled right away!
    Also, it depends on what you're being treated for.

Before you pick up your script, call your Dr and verify the amt. Also, have pharmacist show you the script and if the Dr wrote it wrong, it can be fixed. If you pick up your script, you can't return it. So it's very important you make sure you're picking up the right meds.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:59 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• I was on that for pneumonia last month, but do not take it with milk, or anything with lots of calcium.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:17 AM on Feb. 6, 2013

• Depends on what you are being treated for.
    My question is why in the world did it take 6 months for you to get some kind of treatment for a swollen lymphnode? I mean, I hate going to the doc, but even I don't mess around when it comes to swelling anywhere in my body.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 1:20 AM on Feb. 6, 2013

• FIRST off, I didn't ask if anyone had any degrees! I asked a simple question.

Second, I haven't waited 6 months. I've been to 4 different doctors. I've had an ultrasound and ct scan done of my neck where the lymphnode is. I've been on antibiotics, this is the third time. My dr was gonma try antibiotics one more time before biopsy!

And for the most-- I filled my prescription the day he sent it in. He called it in and I went to pick it up an hour later. 3 days later I got a text from the pharmacy saying I have ANOTHER prescription ready. So when I go get it, it is antibiotics AGAIN. Same kind, different dosage! So I was wondering, hmm...was I suppose to be taking 2-pills twice a day or 1 pill twice a day!

Thanks for the answers :) have a blessed day!
    Hope some of you get a better life to where u don't have to be an asshole to random people!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:26 AM on Feb. 6, 2013

• And sorry my post wasn't detailed enough to begin with...I just read over and I completely understand y no one knows what actually went on :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:30 AM on Feb. 6, 2013

No... but you asked a question that should be answered by someone with a medical or pharmaceutical degree... You need to call you doc or pharmacist... PERIOD!!

And, just b/c you don't like the answers you got doesn't mean you have to go all bad-ass bitch on anyone. Geesh!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:31 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• idk just do as you say and spk with your dr
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:23 AM on Feb. 8, 2013