Teen Mothers Program?

So here is the question, I would like to open a teen parent program... But, Does anyone know what kind of help I could get with it. such as Food, clothing, Donations, etc. Also should it be for moms and dads? I need some input please help me if you can.

AbbeyKAy

Asked by AbbeyKAy at 12:45 PM on Feb. 14, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I for one can say that I would not donate to this. What I will do is donate for a birth control program so that we don't have to donate to charities like these. If a teenager feels adult enough to make a baby, they should be adult enough to go get a full time job, go to school and raise the baby.. Like an adult would. I am not knocking the teenage parent.. I was one as well... but I did not seek handouts and I went to school full time, worked full time and raised my child. So before you get all upset, read the answer again. Thank you.
    Anonymous

• I've seen a few of these programs. Most of them just give the stuff out and OFFER information. The one I go to regularly is a little different. You and the dad can go and you get double the mommy money and daddy dollars. You go and watch a movie and do a worksheet while watching it and then they give you another one sided paper that is your homework on what you seen in that video. You get mommy money and daddy dollars for showing up,doing the worksheet, and completing your homework. You can also get extras for going to church. Then you can buy anything from cribs to clothes to toys. Sometimes lotions and bath soap. They also have maternity clothes. The list goes on. I think its much more benificial the way they do it there because they aren't just handing stuff out to you. They are making you learn.
    yunglovers143

Answer by yunglovers143 at 4:42 PM on Feb. 14, 2009