Is it ok to dye your hair while preggers???

mamakat21

Asked by mamakat21 at 12:57 PM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my doc said highlights were ok because the dye doesnt sink into your scalp like all over hair color does but i know a girl that was preggers the same time as me and dyed her hair like 4x. I only did highlights because i was nervous
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 1:06 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• my doc said it was fine...just to make sure it was in a well ventilated area....call your doc...I call mine for everything...lol
    Carli26

Answer by Carli26 at 2:02 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• my doc said the same thing as carli26, make sure your in a well ventilated place. Even for all over color, neither of them seep into your skin to cause any issues to your baby. i got my hair colored on a regular basis and other than being SUPER sensitive to the smell, i had zero issues.
    xburtonchickx

Answer by xburtonchickx at 5:19 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• ITS OK AS LONG AS THE DYE HAS NO AMONNIA IN IT SO LOOK FOR AMONIA FREE.
    magical_mommy

Answer by magical_mommy at 7:04 AM on Feb. 16, 2009