How many times do you give your 8 month old a bath?

My son is 8 months old and LOVES baths, so much that we have to close the bathroom door to keep him out of there. He sits in the middle of the floor and plays with his bath toys, and smacks the tub until he gets a bath... If we don't give him one, he throws a fit... So I was wondering how often is too much for a bath. He gets one about once a day because he wants them, but if it was up to me I would give him one, once every other day. We do only wash him up every other day so we don't dry out his skin (he HATES lotion), and we use sensitive skin (from Avon) bubble bath. Do you think this is ok?

kaotikmodelmom

Asked by kaotikmodelmom at 1:00 PM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When my daughter was little it was about every other day, now that she is 3 though she ends up in the shower with me every day otherwise I'll have a 3 year old making messes around the house while I shower or would have to wait for hubs to come home from work.
    aameliaz

Answer by aameliaz at 1:04 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Sounds fine, I baithe my kids every other day unless they've done something that makes them messy.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:06 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Keep the water as not-hot as possible, since hot water is more drying. Don't use soap until you are ready to take him out, since soap is drying. Other than that, if he enjoys playing in the water then let him, and if he wants, he could play in the tub a couple times day, one time without soap at all. I bathed mine every day.

Answer by Bmat at 1:25 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I give both of my boys a bath everyday and Timothy will be 2 and Mason is only 6 months old. They love it, but I also use lotion as soon as we get out and they have no problems with dry skin.
    luvnmylittleboy

Answer by luvnmylittleboy at 2:23 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• My LO gets a bath daily. The older ones, every other day during the winter and daily during the summer.
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 2:44 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Yeah everyday is fine, but yeah dont wash too much, cuz his ski might get dried out, when my LO was 8 months, he bathed like about everyother day, 4-6 times a week (depending) and now he bathes like every other day, I think thats a good average
    Anonymous

• at least once a week...more if she needs it. but she HATES baths. its a struggle to get her in! also her skin dries out a lot so we try not to bathe her too often for that reason too.

ive heard lots of moms say they bathe their baby everyday, so i doubt its bad
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:30 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• My son gets a bath-- using either the Johnson's head-to-toe baby wash or Parent's Choice head-to-toe baby wash (same darn thing lol)-- every single day. There are some days where he makes a big mess or something & gets two in one day. I've bathed him using soap every single day of his life. I can think of twice that he did not get a bath that day because he fell asleep before we could get home.
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 7:35 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• MY LITTLE GIRL HAS ALWAYS HAD A BATH EVERY NIGHT SINCE SHE STARED TAKING BATHS,ITS A GREAT ROUTINE SHE SLEEPS GREAT CUZ OF IT
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 7:45 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I WAS GIVING MY DS A BATHE EVERY OTHER DAY UNTILL HE GOT STREP THROUGHT HES BEEN SICK FOR A BOUT A WEEK I JUS SPONGE BATHE HIM RIGHT NOW CAUSE HES STILL COUGHING AND I DONT WANT HIM TO CATCH A CHILL BUT AS LONG AS THEY WANT IN THE WATER I SAY LET THEM WHAT IS IT REALLY HURTING TO LET THEM IN THE WATER A FEW TIMES A DAY
    rjsjjs1

Answer by rjsjjs1 at 10:01 PM on Feb. 14, 2009