rosela or sixth diease?

my daughter (24 months) had a fever for a few days....now she has tiny red bumps all over her body...i was told by my mother in law, who works in a hospital, it could be roseola or sixth diease....im 24 weeks pregnant and im worried about side affects it could have ont he baby....neither of our clinic's are open....is it serious enough to go to the er or could it wait till they open on tuesday?

mizzmala

Asked by mizzmala at 1:18 PM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Health

• Sounds like Roseola. FIFTHS disease looks like they have been slapped on the cheeks and they get a lacey rash on their arms. Your fine. No dr. visit required.
    Anonymous

• To the PP - Roseola and SIXTHS disease are the same thing. The OP wasn't talking about FIFTHS disease.
    To the OP - everything I've read says that "There is no evidence that exposure to Roseola in pregnancy has any negative effect on either the mother or fetus".
    cypris420

Answer by cypris420 at 9:51 AM on Feb. 16, 2009