Scared to miscarry

I am 16 weeks and in perfectly good health. But i am just so scared of miscarrying. This is my first pregnancy and the doctors told me when i was younger that i would not be able to concieve b/c my periods were irregular for as long as i can remember. but i'm pregnant so THEY were wrong. Im still just scare of losing him, I dont want to be too excited, i dont want anyone to buy me anything yet, my sis trying to plan my baby shower, but im making her wait.
How far along were you or are u gonna be when u have your baby shower?
Should I not worry being that im four months?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• your risks decrease the closer you get to the end. You are doing better since you are out of your 1st trimester. I would let her plan your shower, but most people don't have them until about 32 weeks or a little later. I had mine at 36 weeks.
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:24 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• relax all will be ok i have a 5yr old and 27 weeks pregnant and also was told i wouldnt be able too have kids opps doctors for got to tell my daughters that one lol
    Anonymous

• Congratulations on your pregnancy! It is natural to feel nervous about miscarriage. But I always figured that after that three month marker that things were looking good. Usually showers are planned for a month or two before the birth. Best of luck to you. :)

Answer by Bmat at 1:29 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• i wouldnt start planning a shower until like 6 months along- im due july 16th but ill be having a csection at the end of june so ill prob have the shower around the begining of june
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 1:30 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• i was 35 1/2 weeks at my shower i was told once you hear the heartbeat your chances of miscarrying drops 70%
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 1:31 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Hey, ya know what, I don't think that there is anyone that was never scared about miscarrying. What you are feeling is normal. I felt the same way and I am sure millions of others have also felt this way. And its ok to feel that way. I can't say don't worry, because it wouldn't help you. I can say take it easy.Some people can handle pregnancy without a worry, but, 99.9% of people can't. I don't think there will be many people who haven't been in your shoes.☺
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 1:32 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• It's 100% normal to worry...I was constantly worried, thought about everything I did..if it could cause stress on the baby etc. BUT my Doc told me, it's the stress you cause by worrying that is a major factor in the health of your baby as well..so STOP worrying!!! If everything is going smooth and your at 16 weeks, your already past the 3 month marker..most happen before or around the 3rd month. It can occur up to 5 months, but with science...babies have such a HUGE chance of making it from all the incubator's and medical advancement changes they're made over the years. So relax, and enjoy your pregnancy! Celebrate, buy clothes, plan...don't miss out on all that just due to worrying about miscarriage!

Anonymous

• My sister was annorexic when she was 11 to about 15 ish... so she didn't even start her period until she was about 19 and even then it was through medications.

So we all thought she would never have kids. Well she got pregnant. We were all shocked, but she had NO problems. She now has two kids.

I on the other hand had my first baby with no problems, then I've miscarried twice since then... and I never had medical problems!! So it just depends. I guess sometimes it's just a fluke when it happens. Don't worry too much!! Try to enjoy it and be excited!
    emilyschildcare

Answer by emilyschildcare at 6:09 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Oh, and my baby shower was being planned around 6 months and we had it between 7-8 months along.
    emilyschildcare

Answer by emilyschildcare at 6:10 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I am in the same position you are right now. I am almost 14 weeks and even though I felt a SMALL sense of relief that I made it past the 3 month mark...I still constantly worry that I'm going to miscarry for some other reason. Then I read about the incompetent cervix thing and heard that that usually happens around the 20th week so NOW I am all freaked out about that. My mom and everyone else has told me though that worrying just makes things worse and you should just keep faith that everything will be fine. Hundreds of thousands of babies are born each day perfectly healthy with no problems...even when some of their mothers did everything wrong. Just trust God that he will take care of you. Hmm...maybe I should take my own advice huh?
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 6:43 PM on Feb. 14, 2009