potty traning

ok so my son is 21 months old and we have introduced the potty to him, and he on a rare occasion uses it, but I am also a huge believer in letting children progressing at there own speed and time, but when ever the conversation of potty training comes up I am always told well my sons did it at this age or whatever... and I’m like well most boys are not fully potty trained by the age of four and seriously why push him when it could result in him getting to frustrated and not wanting to have anything to do with it, so I guess my question is am I right to feel like he will do it on his own timing and should I feel like I know what is best for him. I just hate feeling like I’m being told when to have him finally potty trained, its like im being told well your not doing a good enought job and that is why isnt fully potty trained yet... ughhh

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• he will do it when he is ready regardless of how hard you push him
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 1:47 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• when he is ready then it will happen no matter his age. just listen to your instincts, they are usually right when it concerns your own children
    luvinhayhaybub

Answer by luvinhayhaybub at 8:36 PM on Feb. 14, 2009